Sunday, September 27, 2009

8/20/08 - IUI #2 is done, now we wait

My IUI went well despite that the speculum was really pinching me this time. I actually got to see MY doctor for a change. What a shocker when she walked in - I usually see one of her partners!

I talked to her about my concern about bad timing each month; she said we'll look at it in September if this cycle doesn't work. She said you want the sperm there when you ovulate, which just pisses me off because in June when I came in the day after I ovulated, the Doctor (not mine) swore up and down that the timing was just perfect. Anyway, she thinks that the timing this cycle will be good, but told us to have sex tonight and tomorrow.

Walked across the hall for acupuncture right afterwards. Hopefully that will be a boost for us. It's supposed to really kick in after 3 months, and I'm in the third month of treatment.

Scott's post wash count (the amount of good sperm left) was 46.5 million and 20% of them were normal (9.3 million). That's not to say the other 80% don't count, but they are "abnormal" for whatever reason and may have a more difficult time breaking through the egg surface. In June, his count was 54.5 million with 8% normal (4.4 million), so this is better. So we're very pleased with his vitamin cocktail...it seems to be doing the job!

So now we wait. And pray. We pray A LOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment