Sunday, September 27, 2009

4/2/09 - The Joy of Needles

Two shots last night was NOT fun. Especially after I was prepping the first needle and my dumb ass husband says "Wow, that needle looks big". Uh, gee thanks...you realize I have to stick that shit in my body now, right? And then do a second one with a different needle, right? I swear I'm gonna make him stick himself with an empty one tonight.

The Lupron is giving me a headache and a bit of nausea, but I'm keeping my eye on the ball. It basically causes my body to feel like it's going into menopause. Yes, I've been a hot flashin' sistah this week. Then I started with Follistim too last night. So the Lupron is saying "no eggs" and now the Follistim is saying "stimulate ovaries, stimulate", so we've got a game of tug of war going. I'll do both again tonight, and then the thought is that tomorrow when I do Follistim only, the eggs will shoot out the gate full steam ahead. This should allow her to control my cycle better than last time.

Things are looking good. Other than the headache and tummy ache I'm excited about this cycle and very confident that my baby (or two) is coming! I am a bit nervous that my IUI will fall on 4/11, though. I'll have all the Snyders, the Jobes/Hutchings, and my BIL's best friends at my house for a surprise party for his 40th. I'm hoping it falls on Easter Sunday actually. I think that would be just divine!!! But hey, if it happens on the 11th, we'll just have pizza instead of BBQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment