Sunday, September 27, 2009

4/22/09 - IVF, here we come!

Wow, so when she said move on, she meant it! My new IVF nurse, Jennifer, called me this afternoon and it would be an understatement to say she hit the ground running!

If AF shows tomorrow, I'll start birth control pills on Friday. My suppression check sonogram (to make sure the BCPs completely surpressed any egg production/estrogen) will be on May 7.

I have to do another inject class, and Scott has to come this time because there are more shots, some mixing, and bigger needles. I also have to do the saline sonogram and a uterine sound test. With the saline sonogram, they'll fill my uterus with water and do an ultrasound to check for fibroids and polyps. The uterine sound test will allow them to get an imagine of my uterus so when they go to transfer my fertilized embryos back in, they know what they are dealing with as far as shape and size are concerned. All of this will happen before I come off BCPs on May 10.

Then I start shots - 2 different shots 2 times a day. I'll be taking SO much medicine! The FSH shot which is the one that causes the eggs to grow, I was taking 300 units once a day. I'll now be taking 225 units twice a day. She's not playing!

My egg retrieval where they put me under and remove my eggs will be around the week of May 24 and they'll transfer the fertilized embryos in 3 to 5 days later. My beta will be the week of June 7. My due date from my September pregnancy was June 9. My due date from my IVF cycle will be mid to late February 2010.

Talk about having a plan! We SO have a plan! Sigh...of relief. Fabulous ending to a horrible beginning today.

No comments:

Post a Comment