Sunday, September 27, 2009

1/26/00 - Diagnosed with Thyroiditis...we're takin' a break

I just got off the phone with my RE. I swear I cry every time I talk to her.

Anyway, she said that she feels that my thyroiditis is temporary from the miscarriage, and that it would resolve on it's own. But she said it is common to take medicine to get it back to normal earlier. She was suprised I wasn't given an anti-thyroid drug to do that. She was also suprised that my endo was waiting so long to test me again. So my RE is sending me for a thyroid panel monthly.

She said as soon as my TSH, T3, and T4 are in the normal range, that we can start TTC again. She felt that we weren't quite ready to use adoption as a replacement for having our own children - that she still had hope for us TTC on our own (glad she has hope, because I sure don't anymore). She felt it would be closer to 2-3 months not 6 months like the endo said.

She was also happy to see I was changing endos. The new one I'm switching too can't see me until 4/28 so he must be good.

Maybe I will end up pregnant this year after all. I would REALLY like to be PG before my due date gets here. I can't imagine how sad I'll be if I'm not.

1 comment:

  1. I can't take Synthroid and am allergic to the fillers in other t.supplements. Bovine capsule is hypoallergenic and has both T3 and T4 so it works really well for me.

    ReplyDelete