Sunday, September 27, 2009

2/18/09 - We've made a decision

We've made a HUGE decision! We've decided to do IVF in May for sure, unless I happen to get PG in April on my last inject cycle. As soon as my CD3 testing is done on my next cycle, they are putting through the applicaton for the three financial plans. My FSH has to test under 10 for the first two.

Shared Risk - 3 fresh, 3 frozen, and a partial refund if you don't bring home a baby: $29K plus meds.

Multi Cycle Treatment Plan 35-37 y/o - 2 fresh, 2 frozen: $20.5K plus meds.

Multi Cycle Treatment Plan < 40 y/o (they think I'll end up here because of my FSH) - 2 fresh, 2 frozen: $22.5K plus meds.

If you bring home a baby before you complete all of the cycles, the balance of the cycles are voided. I feel like it's going to take more than one for sure though, so I'm fine (okay, not fine, but you know what I mean ) paying $22K for a baby and just PRAYING that one of these works.

Our meds will *most likely* be covered at 50% depending on what is prescribed. She said that meds are covered no matter if it's an IUI cycle or an IVF cycle, which my old insurance wasn't like that. They didn't cover meds for IVF. I guess my new insurance has some kind of rider or waiver. Yay for a break, finally! So about how much are meds anyway???

I'm so excited that I just had to tell you girls now. Now I've GOT to get my BMI below 30 - I've got 15 pounds to lose by the time my CD3 tests come back. Ackkkk! Colon Cleanse anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment