Sunday, September 27, 2009

9/23/08 - Consult with Dr. Hinckley

Just came back from seeing Dr. H. She's not hopeful that IUI with injects is going to work for us because of my bad eggs and Scott's even worse sperm - said our odds were about 10 - 15% a month, which is lower than she originally said. That's a lower that a "normal" person trying on their own.

She said IVF with ICSI (where the shoot the sperm into the middle of the egg) is most likely our best shot from an "odds" perspective. That's the $15K a cycle process. She also said that because my FSH is high, I will not qualify for the shared risk money back program so we are straight out of pocket with no insurance coverage for it at all.

And, and it's a big AND...she wants my BMI at 28 before we start. I was planning to get under 30, but she says to get myself in the best shape, I really need to get to 28. So onward to 173 we go...22 pounds to lose in 3 months.

Time Span: 14 week(s) 2 day(s)
Pounds to Lose: 22
Pounds per Week: 1.54
Pounds per Day: 0.22

She said because my insurance covers 1/2 of the IUI cycles (minus the injects - about $1K a month), that we can go forward with doing 1 or 2 cycles so we don't sit doing nothing. So we take an injects class on Saturday. My beta test is on Tuesday. If it's negative, then will start our first IUI/inject cycle. We'll do one in October, one in late October/early November. December we stop, I go on birth control pills, and then boom...IVF it is.

So REALLY pray that I'm pregnant right now, because this was all really devastating news for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment