Saturday, October 17, 2009

Longest.Week.Ever!

Six weeks tomorrow.  This week of waiting has been excruitiating for me.  With past pregnancies, my betas were so questionable that I was getting them checked up to 5 times.  This time I only had 3 betas, and the 3rd one was at my request.  So I've had a LONG wait since the last check on this little one.

My ultrasound couldn't get here soon enough.  I'm scared out of my mind that we won't see a heartbeat.  My past has really ruined this time for us.  I've tried not to think about it as much as possible and have tried to enjoy the moment.  I'm just not sure what I'm going to do if we lose this pregnancy.

As far as symptoms, my boobs are REALLY sore.  I'm tempted to say more sore than in previous pregnancies, but it's hard to compare.  I get up to pee about 2-3 times a night - that has been fun!  I don't really have morning sickness yet - now and then I get a little wave of nausea but nothing consistent and nothing near the point of vomitting.  I think I've only gagged on my toothbrush once.  I've been fighting a headache for days - assuming from the step down from caffeine.  I miss real coffee already, but it's an easy sacrifice.  Oh, and I'm TIRED.  OMG I'm SO freaking tired!  About 2pm in the afternoon I seem to hit the wall, and hard.  It has made work very difficult.  I guess I'll start taking a power nap at lunchtime!

PIO has been...well, a pain in the ass.  LOL!  We started heating the oil before injecting and that seems to be helping keep the lumps down.  Thankfully my husband is a ROCK STAR with injections and has only hurt me a few times.  4 weeks down, 6 weeks to go.  That's 42 more injections. 

Please pray for a heartbeat - at least one healthy heartbeat.  Just a few more days to go...

3 comments:

  1. Almost 6wks already? That's awesome! I can't wait to see your u/s pic. I know that everything is going to go wonderful. Post ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for Monday! :)
    You've been on my mind and I'm SO glad you started this blog. :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm waiting so anxiously for your ultrasound!

    I wish I could say they get better, but even at 20w at our last one, I honestly thought I was going to throw up beforehand.


    If you can eat while working, I HIGHLY recommend a lunch hour nap. It saved my life. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete