Sunday, October 18, 2009

God Has Blessed Us...TWICE!!!

Well, almost three times technically. 

I can not tell you how nervous I was as Dr. H went in to check things out.  Within a moment, I was in tears.  But my tears were tears of joy, not tears of sadness.  For the first time in four pregnancies, we had a healthy heartbeat at 6 weeks!!!

Baby A measured 6w2d and had a heartbeat of 110 bpm.

Baby B measured 5w6d and had a heartbeat of 107 bpm.

Baby C only had a gestational sac, and it is unlikely that a yolk sac or fetal pole will develop.  In fact, Dr. H suspects that the sac will be gone when we go back on October 27.

I think I'm still in shock.  I knew twins was a possiblity.  I knew a heartbeat today was a possiblity.  I just didn't expect it.  Two healthy babies!  What a  blessing!

Baby A is on top, Baby B is on the bottom.  It's actually the opposite in my uterus - Baby A is on the bottom and Baby B is on top.  Baby C is off to the right of Baby A, but is not in the photo because of the angle.  The angle is also the reason that the sacs appear to be different sizes, but they really only differ by a fraction of a centimeter.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I'm so so so pleased for you. So happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! I remember our first u/s at 6 weeks, and exactly how I felt. Now today, they are 19 months old! Enjoy this. Every second!! You deserve it so much!

    ReplyDelete