Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Breakfast of Champions!

Let me start out by saying that I am VERY grateful to have morning sickness, as I've never had it before with my prior pregnancies and...well, that never turned out so well for me.  Now with that said, let's get this straight.  It is not morning.  It is ALL darn day and night!  And it's so beyond anything I could have imagined.  I almost think I'd feel better if I could actually vomit, but I'm at the nausea/dry heave stage all day.  We'll call it annoying and tiring at this point, but again, I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.  It's my babies telling me they are all good! 

Babies.  Wow.  Still adjusting.  Okay, back to my post...

My nurse, S, told me to eat something sour.  That same day, a gal in my due date group on FF was talking about grapefruit juice.  Well really...it doesn't get any more sour than that, right?  But I was hesitant.  Seems like the last thing you would want on the verge of vomit, right?  Well, my darling husband picked up some unsweetened, sugarfree grapefruit juice for me last night - figured we'd give it a whirl.  This morning I poured myself a glass to take my thyroid meds with.  I'll be darned...it was much more refreshing than I expected.  I chased it down with a few gingersnaps, and I can honestly say, I feel pretty good for the moment (knock on wood).  So that will be my new morning staple.  Or all day staple, as the case may be. 

In other news, the scale has been kind.  I really wasn't expecting it to be, given that I feel like a cow right now.  Bloat is an understatement.  Is it possible that these babies are giving me a bump already?  It sure looks like it!  Anyway, I kinda looked at the scale, then looked to the heavens and jumped on.  I was ELATED to see that I haven't gained a pound since my transfer on 9/25.  Woot!  Let's see how long I can hold the weight gain at bay!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the vomit club my dear. I had it the whole entire 1st trimester, and was MISERABLE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh Jen.. I bet it's miserable, but it's all going to be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it wonderful to have some sign that babies are ok and growing? Even though I was miserable with m/s, I loved leaning over the toilet and heaving, knowing that it meant things were ok. YAY for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great trick. BUT, you can't take your thyroid meds with Grapefruit juice. Take that with water and save the juice for a few hours later.

    ReplyDelete