Sunday, December 13, 2009

Week 14: Lemon

Since when is a lemon bigger than a peach?  I'm a bit shocked (and disappointed) that my belly is not growing much at all.  I really expected to be showing more by now, but my little itty bitty bump hasn't grown at all.  Which worries me, of course.

Photobucket

Your adorable little fetus is busy with thumb sucking, toe wiggling, making urine, and breathing amniotic fluid as the liver, kidneys, and spleen continue to develop. Lanugo (thin, downy hair) is growing all over her body for warmth.

4 comments:

  1. {{hugs}} Jen! First-time Moms don't show as much because your abdominals are tighter, and my guess is you're not gaining much weight either. I don't think I really showed until 18 weeks, and barely then. Take a belly picture -- I bet you'll be surprised at how much it's changed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In comparison to the other twin mamas, I'm very small still. And I've gained 7 pounds. Ack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, I didn't start showing to people who didn't know me until almost 18-20 weeks. You'll be amazed at how quickly your belly will be there!! Don't worry, everything is fine. :)
    Are you taking pictures weekly? You should, I still look at mine all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't show until about 16 weeks, and that was only noticeable to me. Before DH noticed, I was about 18 weeks and before anyone else noticed, in my clothes, I was about 24-25 weeks! It takes awhile.

    Also, the taller you are, or the longer your torso is I should say, the less you'll show :)

    (stopping over from the March board :)

    ReplyDelete