Wednesday, December 23, 2009

15.5 Week Update

My poor neglected blog.  Let me ramble on a bit.

We're 15.5 weeks and I couldn't be happier.  I'm feeling good.  The nausea and vomitting seem to have passed for the most part, and I'm on day two being headache free.  My thyroid is holding its own - Dr. K is watching me like a hawk and running my blood every 3 weeks.  Last check, my TSH (0.03) was low, but my T3 (311) and T4 (1.1) are running the show, and they are normal. 

I'm barely showing.  Those that know my body type know the bump is new, but to everyone else, I look like I've indulged in one too many Christmas cookies.  Well, I have actually.  LOL!  Shockingly enough, I'm only up 8 pounds as of this morning, so that is pretty darn good, especially considering how easily I normally gain weight.  It's been a joy to not count calories for the past four months, and weighing weekly instead of daily has been a change for the better for me.

Okay, let's get down to the nitty gritty.  The cramping is making me CRAZY.  It's been so long since I've seen the babies (over 3 weeks which seems like ages to me) and I'm paranoid and dying for an ultrasound.  My OB apparently only does a doppler check at 16 weeks, but I think I'm going to beg her to measure the babies and check their fluid.  I think I've read one too many stories of people leaking fluid or having an incompetent cervix and I'm terrified of having a second trimester loss now.  I guess I'm just paranoid of a loss, period.  I can't imagine getting this far and then losing them.  I've been listening to their heartbeats every night with the doppler, so I know there hearts are still beating away. I'm thankful we've had that to hold on to.

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you. Your babies are doing well. I can't wait for your gender scan. I think you got a boy/girl twin.

    ReplyDelete