Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Results are IN!!!

The Genetic Counselor called this afternoon.  I had left two messages for her, and I guess she could hear the worry in my voice.  She said the results hadn't come in yet, but she called and had them faxed.

I was concerned because...well, I'm old.  Also, the risk of chromosomal issues is higher with people pregnant after IVF/ICSI because the process of natural selection is eliminated.

So as I said a few posts down, our measurements were 1.3 and 1.6, which is fabulous - below the 2.5 that they wanted to see.

The risk of Down's Syndrome just based on my age alone is about 1/250.  I don't know the risk of T18 just based on age alone.

Here are the numbers based on my age, my measurements above, and my bloodwork (PAPP-A and HCG):

Based on my age
Down's Syndrome:  1/1600
Trisomy 18:  1/53000

Based on the embryo's age (they were retrieved in May)
Down's Syndrome:  1/1800
Trisomy 18:  1/71000

We could not be more THRILLED!  God is surely blessing us tenfold, and we are SO very grateful.

Next stop:  Anatomy/Gender Scan on 1/20/2010!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Woo hooo! I am soo happy for you. Those results are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! Good numbers Jen!!! :) I'm so thrilled for you. Stop by and let the gals on FB know! :)

    ReplyDelete