Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Our Miracles at 8 Weeks

Yesterday was a BIG day!  A milestone, for sure!

Rewind...

On October 29, 2008, I went to an ultrasound at 8w1d and found out that our baby's heart had stopped beating.  Devastation does not even describe how we felt.

Okay, fast forward...

On November 2, 2009, I went to an ultrasound at 8w1d and saw my two beautiful cherubs growing like crazy with little hearts beating away.  Scott was unable to get a substitute so mom (grandma) came with me.  She did good...she sobbed quietly when the OB showed her the baby's heartbeats.  She's told me several times since then what a moment this was for her.  I was grateful to have her there, and so thrilled to watch her see her future grandbabies for the first time.

Baby A measured 8w2d with a heartbeat of 163.  S/he was kind enough to give us a nice profile shot!

Photobucket

Baby B measured 8w2d with a heartbeat of 184...my little girl, perhaps?  We'll see how the wives tale plays out.  S/he appears to have given us a front/back view and looks like a little ink smudge.  And a lovely one at that!

Photobucket

My next appointment is in two weeks, and I also have my NT scan set up for about four weeks from now.  They are unable to do any of the genetic bloodwork, which scares me.  I guess we'll decide how to proceed after we see the measurements from the NT scan. 

For now I'm just going to sit back and smile.  I'm so thankful to God for this blessing and will pray for Him to continue to watch over these little ones as they grow. 

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I'm guessing one girl and one boy in there. :) I'm so very happy for you, and so glad that this pregnancy is going well so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you. Can't wait for more u/s pics. I'm thinking a boy/girl twin for you too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, I am so excited for you! I found you on FF and am happy to read such wonderful, incredible news. I will follow you to make sure all goes as you hope - but after seeing two heart beats, that is almost guaranteed to be the case. :) Enjoy every moment of your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen - I just want you to know that I've been following your chart on FF for some time now and I'm so happy for you and your husband.

    Your blog brings tears to my eyes as I relate with your long, long journey. I just lost a tube due to an ectopic pregnancy with two previous angels.

    We havent tried IVF yet but like you - we are trusting in God's awesome timing, His love, and His grace. You are an amazing woman with a beautiful story to tell those little ones. Congratulations - God's Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on making it through such a big milestone!

    ReplyDelete