Monday, November 9, 2009

One Year Ago Today

November 9, 2008 was one of the worst days of my life.  It was a Sunday.  I sat at home with my husband and miscarried our first baby.  It was such a horrendous thing to go through physically and emotionally, and I don't wish it on my worst enemy. 

It's amazing what we've been through, how far we've come, and where we are today.

I had a rough weekend.  The miscarriage anniversary was adding on to the worry that constant spotting and cramping had plagued me with.  When I woke up this morning, I called my fertility clinic (yes, the clinic that graduated me 2 weeks ago) and asked them if I could come in for a "reassurance scan".  The receptionist told me that they couldn't see me for a scan since I was past 9 weeks.  What did I do?  I cried, of course.  They found an RE for me to talk to (not my RE, but the one that did my last transfer) and she agreed to have me come in.  Luckily I was put on my own RE's schedule and went in at 10:00 AM today.

I'm so lame.  Seriously.  I was convinced I had lost the babies.  I must learn to have confidence in these two, because they are THRIVING!!!

Baby A measured 9w3d with a heartrate of 176.

Photobucket

Baby B measured 9w4d with a heartrate of 166. 

Photobucket

My lil' bugs were dancing and jumping all around.  It was THE most precious thing I've seen in my life. 

What a blessing they are.  What an absolute blessing!

10 comments:

  1. You are not LAME!!

    You are a worried Mama, and you will now worry about these sweet babes for the rest of your life. :)

    I love watching your babies grow!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The u/s pictures are wonderful!

    If going in makes you feel better... then that's what needed to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss.

    Now, a year later - Yay! Nothing sweeter to see than healthy babies who have no idea how worried you are! Congratulations!

    -Katie (21bcfc from FF)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jen.... you are NOT lame! When I was spotting, I went in every single week for a while. And having it happen on THIS day, a year after your first loss... well, you deserve to be able to go in, get reassurance and see those gorgeous babies of yours!! They are ADORABLE! :) Can't believe you're going to hit the 2nd trimester in just a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not lame at all.

    I am so, so very dreading my anniversary. I can't even say how much. I'm SO glad you were able to get in for a scan.

    (The only thing getting me through is that I'm getting a scan the week before, and a have a midwife appointment that week. But even now, anticipating it, I can't imagine the scan the week before having anything but terrible news.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could not be more thrilled for you. This is an amazing blog and I can't way to watch your little ones grow!

    xoxoxoxoxxo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad all is well with your LOs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great pictures!!! I think we are very close in our pregnancy dates, and my NT scan is the same day as yours!
    Karen- From FF

    ReplyDelete
  9. just found your blog!

    wanted to say you are not lame at all! we need that confirmation! especially through all you have been through (and i don't know full on since i read your blog) you need that. we all do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just discovered your blog and have really enjoyed reading it...and sharing your excitement! You have had quite a journey..and its so refreshing to see/hear your voice of pending motherhood. We have had a bit of a journey too...and are now at the 4dp6dt. Its a second cycle and I am trying my best to be positive. You have helped greatly. Best to you!!

    ReplyDelete