Thursday, April 1, 2010

Almost 30 week update

I have been a horrible blogger! Let me catch up here.

I had four fabulous showers between 25 and 28 weeks! One thrown by my mother-in-law, one at work, and two thrown by special friends. We feel really blessed for the gifts our girls have received. They will undoubtedly be THE best dressed twins! We've been filling in on necessities as needed and trying to get everything ready.

We had new carpet installed last weekend, and OMG, it is LOVELY! We still have to put everything away though, and that is taking a while. We put the girls cribs together on Sunday and brought in their dressers. I stood in the doorway and sobbed. It's so surreal to me to have baby furniture in a room that has been an empty hole in my heart for so many years. We have nothing on the walls yet, and lots of accessorizing to do, but here is a sneak peak!

Nursery

Nursery

Nursery

Saw my OB on Wednesday at 29w3d. The girls are doing well, and we are moving right along. Blood pressure is good and my weight is only up about 25 pounds. I am measuring at 36 weeks, but I'm apparently carrying small for twins - everyone has said that, and my OB agreed. I guess I'm getting lucky - it's the first time in my life that people have commented on how small I am! Here is the belly at 28 weeks - it's gotten a bit bigger since this.

28 Weeks

Baby A is head down and Baby B is still breech, so my OB is recommending a c-section. I'm not thrilled about it, but I'd rather do that then labor to deliver Baby A and end up with a c-section anyway for Baby B. So it looks like the girls will be born sometime between May 24 and May 28...Geminis...how fitting!

For now I'm still working. I think my last day will be April 9 or April 16. I'm trying to hold out as long as I can, but the back pain really makes it hard. After that, I plan on spending a lot of time floating on a noodle in my mom's pool!

I see my Perinatologist in 2 weeks, then the following week I start NSTs weekly at the hospital followed by a quick ultrasound at my OB's office. I have a feeling time is about to start flying by. I can't believe I'm going to have these girls in my arms in just 7.5 weeks!

3 comments:

  1. How absolutely wonderful. IT's been a long, hard journey but you WILL be a wonderful mother. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, that's fabulous news! You look wonderful and I'm so excited for you and the girls. :) Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Glad to hear you and the girls are doing well!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete