Friday, May 14, 2010

Mother's Day and a 35.5 Week Update

Hello neglected blog. Such a shame that I'm home and not updating this. I'll try to do better in the limited time we have left. Once they are born, I'll be moving to a blog site that is more photo-posting friendly.

So let's talk about Mother's Day. Man, how I have HATED Mother's Day for years and years. I have woken up in tears. I have snapped at strangers for saying "Happy Mother's Day" to me. I have been so jealous of everyone out and about with their children while I sat there with empty arms and a broken heart. Last year I had just miscarried my angel that was due in June 2009, and I was in the midst of my first IVF cycle. What a difference a year makes, and my amazing husband made the day SO special for me.

He woke me up with breakfast in bed (we’ll forgive him for waking me up) – banana pancakes with fresh strawberries and blackberries and a cup of juice. He had a beautiful vase of flowers for me, a card, and three charms for my Pandora bracelet – two carriages and a pink glass bead.

Photobucket

Photobucket

My heart was so full of love, for even though they aren’t here yet, I am very much aware of two babies growing inside of me. And I am blessed for having such an amazing husband!

Speaking of babies, my little girls are moving right along. At my 35 week Perinatology appointment – my last, might I add – the girls are both weighing in at 5lbs 15 oz. That’s a whole lot of baby in my belly. They are right on schedule and doing very well. Mommy is measuring 10 weeks ahead (yes, that would be 45+ weeks pregnant for your singleton ladies) and feeling the effects of that on a daily basis.

Photobucket

Carrying twins HURTS. My back, sides and ribs are killing me from them trying to find space to grow. I have constant pressure and feel like they could pop out any minute now, even though I know that isn't the truth. In addition, the swelling in my hands, knees and feet is really bad – so bad that I have pregnancy induced carpal tunnel and can barely grip a pen long enough to sign my name. Blood pressure is good, the bladder infection we found last week is cleared up, and my weight gain is at 39 pounds. I’d love to keep it at 39 – something about 40 freaks me out.

We’ve been talking delivery lately. Last week, both girls were head down and we were looking at inducing a vaginal delivery on June 1. My OB is not on call on Memorial Day Weekend and I’m REALLY uncomfortable going through the weekend without having them born - risking having a stranger deliver my girls. However, this week, Baby B turned transverse (side-to-side), and my OB will likely want to do a C-Section if she doesn’t turn her little head back down. In that case, the girls will be born on May 28. Of course these dates are given that I don’t go in to labor on my own in the next two weeks.

Stay tuned…the good stuff is coming!

1 comment:

  1. Very touching. Your hubby is so sweet. You deserve that, of course. Your belly is so beautiful for a twin! I'm so sorry about your miscarriage in years ago. How are your girls lately? Vaginal delivery really hurts so bad, especially if you have more than one baby to deliver. After giving birth to my fourth child (all of 'em were VG), I had to consider labiaplasty to correct my pulled skin. I was able to enjoy going to the beach in California with the whole family again since then. Anyway, congratulations on your twins!

    ReplyDelete