Saturday, February 20, 2010

23+3 Peri and OB Appointments

Can I just say PRAISE GOD!!!

I saw the Perinatologist and my OB this past Wednesday. After weeks of Braxton Hicks contractions, my cervix is perfect - over 4.5cm and no sign of funneling. My amniotic fluid levels were good. The girls weigh 1.5 and 1.6 pounds - they are at the 44th and 50th percentile for their age which is great. Baby A's placenta is no longer low lying and my SCH is gone. The Perinatalogist said I am in the 2nd lowest risk factor for preterm labor (for a twin pregnancy) - the lowest being someone who has already had a full term vaginal birth. He said that based on the ultrasound, I have the perfect twin pregnancy (which is ironic given that I've been on bedrest for 6 weeks)!

Given that report, my OB released me from bedrest and I went back to work part time on Thursday. It was tough to go from laying around for weeks to working 4-5 hours, but it was SO good to be back. I really missed my co-workers and my job. Not to worry though...I'm taking it easy. I'm only there for 6 weeks, then I'll go out on maternity leave. It's all happening so fast now!

Hallelujah!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ohh thank goodness! I am glad everything checked out so well for you!

    ReplyDelete